May 27, 2015

What's Up Wednesday: May 2015



Linking up with some of my faves, MelSheaffer, and Shay, for What's Up Wednesday! On the last Wednesday of the month we fill everyone in on our lives currently...just in case anyone cares, besides my mom, lol!


What we're eating this week...
Oh I wish I had some awesome recipes to share. Alas, I do not. What are we eating? Some Trader Joe's frozen dinners, lol. But they are our favorite easy meals!! We are ALWAYS dining on their mandarin orange chicken, their shittake mushroom and green bean chicken (this one is new and not always in stock - when it is - I purchase almost all of them, sorry people), and their spicy beef and broccoli. We also are huge fans of their gluten free chocolate cupcakes! I'm excited because they have some NEW stuff there this week that we are definitely going to pick up and try.

 
This looks so yummy. Picking this up asap!
Joey won't eat this...but I will!
Our current family favorite.

What I'm reminiscing about...
When my babies were small. Noelle is 3.5 years old now, and I am sad, sad, sad. Sure, I'm also happy because she's becoming a smart little sass pants, with awesome dance moves and beautiful hair....but I keep on looking at pictures of her from when she was little and want to cry!! My first little baby is half a year away from turning 4. That's like adult for babies. Boo hoooo, I'm totally reminiscing.

Can you believe this is NOELLE!?!

What I'm loving...
The library. I always have loved the library but lately it's been even more special. Mainly because Noelle also loves to read. So it's been super fun to go to the library with her, read a gazillion books, and then pick out new ones each week. I also think it's so amazing that the library has new movies for rent for .50 cents a day. I mean that's cheaper than Red Box! And less of a hassle too! You go there, you check it out by yourself, done! Love it. Plus we live so close so we can just bike or walk there. Sometimes we go 2-4 times a week. Yeah. I know, that's a lot. Joey makes fun of me, but Noelle and I just love it.

 
Story time.


What we've been up to...
So much family time. So much friend time. So much fun. More here.

What I'm dreading...
My physics class. This is my last class before I can student teach and get licensed and it's just kicking my butt. Like, seriously, whooping my assets. This is the hardest class I've been in. I read a chapter and seriously it's like I absorbed absolutely nothing. I'm currently on lesson 13, out of 34. God help me.

What I'm working on...
Just enjoying life and practicing sabbath more. I'm seriously constantly on the go and busy, and I've realized how burnt out I make myself. I'm making a conscious effort to just relax, enjoy life, breathe, spend more time actually playing with the kids instead of just taking care of them, and letting more things go. Life is much too short to worry so much about the dishes. I've been trying to carve out more time in my week for "me" time as well. I've been making sure to get out more on my own for runs in the evening (my fave). It's my favorite way to spend my time alone, because I can run from life. I run from problems, bills, physics, kids, and just concentrate on my breathing. It's also my pray time. I find that when I'm alone and just hitting pavement is when I pray best. No distractions!

What I'm excited about...
Noelle's first ever recital this Sunday!!! Eeeeek!! Will she dance? Will she stand and stare? Will she cry? Will she steal the show? LOL. Cannot wait!!!! Her dress rehearsal is tonight, I can't wait to share.

Pictures from dance during her FIRST week! 

What I'm watching/reading...
I never have time for mom TV. I seriously watch Disney and Nick Jr. like it's my job. (Well, I guess it kind of is...) I'm one of those sad individuals who have never watched The Bachelor, Housewives, Kardashians...anything. Maybe it's better this way, lol. I've been so lame and out of the loop with TV. The last thing I watched on TV was Glee you guys. And I'm afraid to say I only got to Season 3. I'm also way behind on my reading. The last book I started was Love, Rosie...and I got about 70% through it before I went on a reading hiatus. That was like, 5 months ago. LOL. I was intrigued to read it because a movie of the book was made, and it looks so cute. I love to read books before I see the movies, so that's how I discovered Love, Rosie. Hopefully I can get back to reading after my darn physics class.



What I'm listening to...
Taylor Swift's 1989 album. All day. Every day. Pretty much. I have been hinting like MAD to Joey that I want to go to her concert in September. Not only is she coming on my birthday weekend, but it's my 30th!! This means something. This means I need to Shake it Off. It's fate.

T. Swifty - my spirit animal.

What I'm wearing...
I just got myself some new items for Mother's Day and am excited to work them...


White skinny denims! (Forever 21)

Denim vest! (Old Navy)

Colored studs! (Old Navy)

My new swimsuit for this summer! (Victoria's Secret) 
(Time for some squats!!!)


What I'm doing this weekend...
DANCE RECITAL DANCE RECITAL DANCE RECITAL!!!

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Nice weather and for summer to finally arrive! More time at the park and pool much needed!

 



Hope everyone has been having a good month...can't believe it's almost over!! Here's to June!

1 comment:

  1. Trader Joes is my favorite!!!!
    Your new suit is darling!
    Thanks for linking up with us:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...