May 26, 2015

Memorial Weekend Recap

We had the best long weekend. Honestly, the best. So good that I didn't even bust out my camera (all that much) because I was trying to live in the moment and not through the (crappy camera phone) lens. First off, I was lucky enough to have Friday-Monday off from daycare, so that was 4, yes 4 days off!! Woo hoo! I'm not going to lie, usually Joey and I are VERY, VERY lazy when we have time off and we like to do, well pretty much nothing. We get so tired with every day life that we just want to stay in and relax. However, we had tons of plans for the weekend - and it turns out there's STUFF and PEOPLE out there, and it's FUN!

Friday started off great because my awesome friend Hilary took Noelle for the morning so I could be productive! What a luxury that was! While Halle napped, I power cleaned, then when she got up we had ourselves a little mama and me Target and lunch date. It was so nice and relaxing to be with just one kiddo - especially Halle, who doesn't get tons of one on one time.

  
My little lunch date! <3

  
 

Then later that evening we had a dinner date with the family I nannied for prior to Halle, and we had so much fun. We grilled steaks, had some yummy pasta salad, tested out some new beers, and the kids ran wild playing around the house and yard. It was a beautiful evening, and we ended the night with dancing and running around to music. It was amazing to spend time with another family we love, and to see the kids continue their relationship right where they left off. We haven't seen them since Christmas, but you would have never known. The kids are like cousins, more than friends. They have a very special bond.





I wish I got more pictures of the kids together but my goodness, they were BUSY. I couldn't get one decent picture of the kids together without someone running off!

Saturday was our more chill day. Joey and I spent a lot of the day slowly working on the house, with lots of little breaks to play with the girls. No one got out of their pajamas this day, and we feasted on a horribly unhealthy McDonald's breakfast and Starbucks. We continued our holiday with Dairy Queen. Lol. Can you tell our family likes to eat!?! Another great day in the books.

 
We have Paw Patrol problems, lol.

 
Her cuteness is too much.


 Baking time with mama! We are always baking - this house is like a sauna, lol.

Cookies and Cream cupcakes!


Sunday, Noelle and I went to church with Hilary and Myla and checked out their church! I really enjoyed the wonderful music the best, and Noelle had the time of her life with Myla - as usual.

Off to church we go!

This was another fun packed day, as Myla came over to play for a little while, and then after nap we went to hang out with some new friends that we had made on a total whim. {Backstory: We had made it a habit of going out to eat at a particular restaurant every Wednesday night after dance class. We met a server that we just loved. We started requesting to be seated in her section every time. We started to talk more and more with her and found out that she also had kids that were the same age as ours. Well, last week was Noelle's last week of dance for the year, so we were afraid that we wouldn't be seeing our favorite server any longer. I then did something I never do, but I asked the server if she wanted to hang out with us and gave her our number! Totally out of character, but she contacted us over the weekend and we all went over to their house!} It was a blast. Papa Murphy's and wine, and lots and lots of playing with MagiClips and dancing to Taylor Swift. Yay to new friendships! Joey and her husband Dan got along famously, and Melissa (her name) and I found out we have tons in common! We seriously felt a great connection when we met, and we both had the same feelings about wanting to ask the other to hang out, but was afraid it was weird. Haha! I'm glad I jumped for it and threw it out there! Melissa and I already feel like old friends. :)

 
Deep Halle thoughts: "What is this stuff my parents are always drinking?!" And, "Why do they continue to put me in this ridic garb?"

Monday we went over to our friends the Pounds house for breakfast. Another super fun family event. The kids played, we chatted, and we had a great time just being ourselves. No one got dressed, and all our kids hung out in their pajamas. We (the moms) each brought something to share, and we  all dined on pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We spent the rest of the day napping as a family, and then Joey and the girls went over to his brother's house for dinner so I could have some time to myself to clean and do homework.


Finishing the weekend off with books with daddy!


Overall, what a fantastic weekend. But of course, we cannot forget what Memorial Day is all about. There is always a reason for the holidays we are given, and this is a very important one. It's a day to remember every fallen soldier who has sacrificed and risked their lives in order for us to live and enjoy ours. God Bless their surviving families.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend as we did!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend and that you liked church! Shannon (Kane) Belland is coming for the first time this Sunday now, I think her son Luke and Halle would be in the same classroom if Halle ever came on a Sunday. Hope you come again! Let me know if you do:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps I want a cookies and cream cupcake, yum

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...