May 29, 2015

Friday Favorites: Noelle's First Dress Rehearsal!


Linking up with my faves, Erika, Andrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites, and my favorite this week is obviously Noelle's dress rehearsal!!

It's official. I have a Larkin Dancer. ;)  Noelle had her first dress rehearsal last night at Northwestern. The world's shiest little girl went on stage and performed twice! Yes, this will be even more WOW on Sunday when it's the real recital, but last night was her first time on stage, so it counts for something!

 
On the way there. Pre-tears. All smiles.

Getting there this time was a breeze. She had meltdown after meltdown at pictures when I had to curl her hair and do her makeup, but this time she happily let me do everything. She actually enjoyed getting her hair done and asked me to make her look like a princess. She instructed me though, "No eye makeup mama. I don't like stuff on my eyes. Just pink on my cheeks. And gloss. That's it." She was so excited on the way there and kept saying, "I'm going to dance on the stage, like Hello Kitty!"

Daddy with his girls.

Starting to get nervous. Apprehension written all over her face, haha.

We got there and the momentum kept going. She was excited to see her cousin Vivi, and she watched Vivi from backstage. She was excited....and then things went south. Fast. 

Noelle and Vivi.

I went to drop her off at her dressing room - wrong move. I should have clearly had her go back with someone else! I brought her, and then she freaked out when I said I was leaving. Noelle grabbed me (death grip) and begged "Mama. Don't leave me. I want you. Don't go. Don't go. Pleeease mama. PLEASE!!!" Broke my heart. So I stayed in the dressing room for a little bit and sat with her before her first number. She and her little friend Sophia were both asking me repeatedly what was going on, and Sophia asked me where her mommy was. Clearly the little ones were nervous. I left briefly, like seriously for 5 minutes to go give Joey the diaper bag in case he needed it for Halle, and when I returned I found Noelle in tears. She told me she couldn't find me and was scared. Awww. :'(

Noelle and Sophia.

Charlotte, Noelle, and Sophia.

Coloring with Charlotte...when I snuck away. Thought all was okay until I came back to tears. Poor baby!!

I stayed with her while she sat in my lap and buried her face in my chest. Then it was time. Time for Noelle's class to line up and get ready to hit the stage. This was horrible!! Noelle clutched onto me for dear life and begged me again not to leave her. She also told me she was scared and that she didn't want to dance. My heart felt like it was breaking when I handed her over to Molly and told her I had to leave. She was BAWLING. I felt SO bad!!!

In line before going on stage.

Then you want to know what happened?? I found my seat and watched her not only go on stage for her tap number, but she was SINGING along. She totally did her dance, and sang. I could tell she was completely confused and trying to figure out what was going on because she was looking all over the place, but she did it!!! Then Joey and I stayed away from the dressing room until her next dance, her ballet, and she went out there and ROCKED it. She was even SMILING. She danced, sang, did her arabesque and plies with no problem. We couldn't have been more proud!!

With Charlotte.

A horrible camera phone video of the ballet. She's the one to the right (our right) of the girl in the hot pink case (her friend Sophia).

I found her afterwards with Grandma Shel, who told me that she was a hot mess before her first number, and was searching all over for Michele while she dancing, but then for the second number Michele stood right off the stage by her so that she could watch her the whole time and that's why she was okay! She also ran off the stage and said, "I did it Shel!! I did it! I danced!" And gave her a huge hug. She was so proud of herself!


She got a "trophy" for her first recital, and was SO excited. She told just about everyone that she was going to put it in her room. Which she did. It's on her nightstand next to her bed now. She told me, "I was sad mama. I was sad because I wanted you. But then I danced! I did it mama. I danced!" She was beaming with pride. Needless to say, she got Skittles and a new My Little Pony, lol. 


She has not stopped talking about it since it happened last night. She keeps saying, "I did it! I danced! I do it again! I danced on stage!" She also told us that she couldn't find us when she was on stage, lol. "I didn't see you mama. I didn't see daddy. I didn't see baby Halle. I just see other people mama." Haha. I love this booger so much.

My angel.

 

She says now that she's ready. She understands that rehearsal was a practice and that she's going on stage again on Sunday and we know she will do even better on Sunday night. Her cousins Ellie and Ava will be there backstage to help her, as well as Grandpa Joe being backstage. He is the MC for the recital each year, and it helped Vivi a lot when she was in her first recital to have Grandpa hold her before her numbers. We know Noelle will get the same treatment. We cannot wait for Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...