December 3, 2014

Our Boho Family Pictures!

I love getting family pictures done, because it's not just a time to get us all together for some new pictures, but it's a time to get creative! I don't mind the straight forward family pictures, but I love adding in props, a special location, or fun outfits. In the past we have done a photo session at The Walker Art Museum in a Minnesota themed shoot (complete with moccasins, winter sweaters, ponchos, etc.), a mommy/daughter shoot in the woods with girly makeovers, and I even did a boudoir stylized maternity shoot. I was super excited to do family pictures this year because we needed new pictures with our newest family member, Halle!! We waited until Halle was 6 months of age so that her look would be developed and we'd have pictures that we could blow up for our house, without worrying that she would look different in a couple months! Our amazing photographer, Amanda at Amanda Rang Photography did an amazing job of taking my idea and running with it. I knew that I wanted something completely different this year. I had an idea of doing a bohemian style shoot, and lucky for me, Amanda was completely on board! With our minds together we came up with this shoot, which I am so, so in love with. 











































Aren't these awesome!? Amanda is always amazing. You give her an idea and she makes it a reality. I told her I loved the idea of being in a field with a very natural, native feel. She asked me how I felt about a teepee, and I said I loved it. So what did she do? She MADE one for our shoot! She also made those beautiful white feather headdresses for the girls to wear. How many photographers go out of their way to MAKE props for your family? I highly recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a great, affordable photographer in the Twin Cities!

Our outfit credits: On Joey: Shirt/Levi's, Shorts/Abercrombie&Fitch, Shoes/Sperry's. On Diana: Kimono/Pink Rose, Dress/Marshall's, Boots/Minnetonkas. On Noelle: Vest/Target, Romper/Old Navy, Boots/Old Navy, Floral headband/Forever 21. On Halle: Dress/Baby Gap.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. how will you decide which ones to display around your house?! each photo was stunning! that photographer did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family. I Love all of them. You look fabulous too mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...