December 10, 2013

Noelle's Belated Birthday Letter

So I'm a little late, a month late exactly, but I had decided to write Noelle a letter for each birthday that passes, and when she is 18 I'll give her all her letters in one book. I missed her first birthday entirely because I came up with the idea afterwards but that's okay. Better late than never.

Dear Noelle,
You are two now! It seems like some days you are my little baby and on other days you seem like such a big girl. There are so many things that I love about you. You are so smart. You catch on to everything and you are so observant. You act as if you are in your own world but really you are taking everything in and listening to every word the people around you are saying. In some ways you are a sneaky little girl. Sly like a fox. I love that you are independent and don't mind being alone. For a two year old, we don't have to entertain you very much, if at all. You are always happy to play alone, read alone, and talk to yourself a lot. You already have an amazing imagination, talking to your babies and to your princesses for hours. You also love to read books outloud to yourself and it's shocking how much you remember from mama and daddy reading the stories to you.

You have also just developed a bond with me that I can't seem to get enough of. I've always called you daddy's girl, because you are. You love your dad more than anyone on this earth. You never tire of him and you listen to him far better than you listen to me. However in the last month or so, you've all of a sudden wanted me! You ask for me, hold your arms out for me, and tell me you love me now. You also give me kisses and more hugs. I love it so much, you have no idea what it means to me to have you reciprocate your love!

By the time you read this, you will have had a little sister for most of your life and not know any better but right now you love being the center of our world. And we love having our world revolve around you. You are a living princess and we cater to your every need and want. We're not sure what your little sister will bring to our family dynamics in a few months, but we are excited to see! This will be the only letter where you don't have a sibling, so let me tell you, up until this moment, nothing in my life has felt as wonderful as my role as your mother.

Thank you for being so sweet, funny, and so dang cute.
We love you so, so much.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...