June 25, 2013

Resolutions Check In

Now that it's been half a year (already!?) I thought it would be a good time to stop and look back at the resolutions I made for 2013 and see how I measure up!

1. Stop caring what judgmental people think. Surprisingly I haven't even given this a single thought for months. For a while there I was having insecurities and anxiety about people judging my parenting style, but I haven't really thought about it! Score!

2. I really need to lose the baby weight. Done! When I made the resolutions, Noelle was 14 months - so I had been living with extra baby weight for all that time! She is now 20 months, and I can happily say in the last 6 months I have finally lost the extra weight! I am down 15 pounds - by finally taking myself seriously and logging in workouts (running, strength training, and yoga) and eating cleaner and smarter. It feels amazing and I am excited to only be a couple more pounds away from my ultimate weight goal.

3. Let Noelle go more. Accomplished! While this is still a work in progress, we have let her out of our sight more. She has spent a weekend away with Grandma Sue at the cabin and also spent a night over at Grandpa Joe's. We have let her stay home more often with a babysitter, and also have let the grandparents take her off our hands more. I'm becoming less attached and seeing the benefits of being away from her.

4. More date nights. Fail! While we have made more time in our schedules for ourselves...they aren't necessarily ever together. Don't get me wrong, there have been a few date nights scattered throughout the last 6 months, but not more than there was before. We may be making more time for our own activities (him - jamming out, me - working out) but we don't ever plan DATES. This still needs work and I have 6 more months to make it happen! A happy marriage takes work and we need to put in more effort!

So, 3 out of 4 isn't bad! I'm surprised at how well I've been doing overall as a person for the past 6 months. I'm really happy, feeling good, healthy (well, healthier) and having a great year. Now if I could spend more quality time with my husband, things would be even better! Here's to the next half of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...