January 7, 2013

MN Tot Spots - Skyzone


Last week when I had the week off, Noelle and I spent a lot of time traveling around, looking for new, fun things to do. One of the places we tried out is called Skyzone. It's an indoor, trampoline park located in Oakdale. One of my best girlfriends and her babe always go there, since on Tuesday and Friday mornings they offer Toddler Time from 9:30-11:30 am.

It's a really cool place, with trampolines all over the place. They have 4 separate trampoline areas (although only 2 were open when we went) and an area with trampoline basketball and an area with a foam pit. I thought the place was really awesome, and can easily see why kids love going here. They have trampolines lined even on the walls so that you can bounce off the walls, and for more daring, adventurous and older kids, they can probably do flips off of them.

"What IS this place?!"

"Do I dare enter?"

Our verdict is that Noelle is a bit too young. Or maybe she needs to go there with some of her friends and see how it's done! She didn't have a bad time, but she didn't show that she had a good time either. When she first arrived, she was psyched out, and smiled when she saw the other kids jumping. She then proceeded to jump herself, which in her case is just squatting. However when I actually placed her on a trampoline she wouldn't even take a step. She must have been confused by the flexibility of the ground underneath her feet, because she refused to walk or jump. She just sat down and decided that she would spend the rest of the time just watching me jump. I jumped though and got in a mini workout.


 "These people sure make it look fun..."



"I think I would rather sit here and hold this ball."




Then we went over to the foam pit, which I thought maybe she would like. She has gone to Gleason's Gymnastics open gym before, which also has a foam pit and at the time she didn't seem old enough to go in. I thought maybe now she would be. Well, she just sat in there too. She didn't even try to move and she showed no interest. She did pick up a few of the pieces and stared at it, but nothing more.


"This is strange."

"Hmm."

"This is kind of like a ball. I think I will sit here and hold it."




Unfortunately, it's $4 per person, so we paid $8 and were there for maybe 25 minutes. Total bummer. I wouldn't say to not try the place though...Noelle and I will be coming here again in a couple months when she actually can jump and maybe she will be a little older to appreciate the place! I liked it, and thought it was a cool and different place to spend a morning with a little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...