July 31, 2012

Love Letters (3)

Noelle, Noelle, Noelle...


This morning at 5:30 am you wanted a bottle, which was normal, but after you drank it you just sat with me and played with my hair, which wasn't normal. You played with my hair gently, no pulling or death grip, and then you even scratched my scalp for me. Because you were being so dang cute, I gave you a big hug, and you put your head on my shoulder and stayed in my embrace for minutes after minutes as we rocked back and forth in the dark.  It was one of the sweetest moments of my entire life.


As you get older and older, I can tell that you are falling in love with me (and daddy) more, just like how I'm falling in love with you more each passing day. You finally see that I'm not just your caregiver, or the woman with food, I am your mommy! I hope you love me as much as I love you and I hope to have a close relationship with you always. No one has ever made me so happy as you and I promise to be the very best mommy I can be to you forever.


I know every parent loves their child to the moon and back, and I am no exception. My heart is overfilled with love for you and I want to smother you with hugs and kisses all day. I know your dad feels the same. I can see it in his eyes when he plays with you, and how content he looks when you snuggle in his lap and peacefully watch TV with him.


We love you, we love you, we love you.
I don't think we will ever get enough of you.


Love,
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...