July 28, 2012

A New School Year; A New Chapter

I'm happy to announce that this upcoming school year I will be taking my last class to complete my teaching requirements, at Saint Mary's! Woo hoo! After the final class in the program, and one more prerequisite class, I will be able to do my practicum in the Spring and student teach at an elementary school Fall of 2013! I would have already completed my classes and begun student teaching this fall but a little blessing got in my way...a little blessing named Noelle. :)

Speaking of school, I'm also happy to announce that I got my first teaching position as an early preschool teacher at a private preschool in Blaine! I'll be working full time again, and very thrilled to be rejoining the workforce doing something I really love as a profession. I'm so excited to be with the little ones, reading them stories, doing arts and crafts, etc.

Not only will I be teaching, but Noelle will be joining me at school, for she is enrolled in the Infant program! I'm still pretty nervous and kind of sad! I know that I've been blessed being home with her for the last 8.5 months and I know that I offered her everything I could at home, but it still breaks my heart just a little that I can't be home with her longer. Nothing has been more fulfilling for me than being a full time mom, complete with trips to the park, the zoo, indoor playgrounds, the library, visits to daddy's work, playdates, etc. Not every moment with Noelle has been blissful or easy, but it's all been worth it. I'm so sad to let this part of my life go.

Trying to overlook the sadness, I do have a lot to be thankful and excited for. Noelle and I will be starting on August 6th (Noelle's 9 month "birthday").  Here's to the next chapter of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...