December 21, 2011

Christmas Decor - 2011

With some free time tonight I decided to share our Christmas decor this year! I purchased a few new things this year since we are in a new house which is always exciting!

I was super excited this year because we finally had a house that had a staircase with banisters. I have always wanted to wrap garland around banisters and never could until this year. I looked for some stockings for Joey and I but haven't found anything I really want, but am sure I will find some after Christmas at the sales. I'm looking forward to hanging our stockings up next year off of the garland on the stairs! :)




Since Noelle had her first picture taken with Santa this year I decided I would start a tradition and frame her Santa pictures each year in Christmas frames around the house. Here is her very first one.



Our tradition before we had Noelle was getting a new Nutcracker each year. Joey and I have been together 7 years but only have lived together for 5, so we have 5 Nutcrackers so far. We have them scattered around the house. Here's a picture of our Nutcracker from last year, and our new one this year. We got a ballerina Nutcracker for Noelle's first Christmas. :)


Something new I got this year which I like is this bulb garland. Originally I was going to string these around the staircase but it wasn't long enough so I decided to put it around the TV and it actually ended up looking kind of cute!



My new favorite home thing I purchased was this card holder at Kirkland's. Can you spot your Christmas card?! ;)



Lastly, this year I have a poinsettia wreath and bouquet at the door that I think is really pretty! Past Christmases I had a wreath that my dad made years ago but this Christmas I decided I wanted to try something different! I think it looks cute on our door. :)




Again here is our tree, and if you can see the ornaments, it's pretty neat because half of them are form my parents and were used on our trees growing up! Some of the ornaments, like the glitter deers are 26 years old! Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...